IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
2 Day Intuitive Defensive® Shooting
The 2 day IDS program is a more in depth course that will cover more of the principles of intuitive defensive shooting, Combat Accuracy, Combat Efficiency, a greater use of the Balance of Speed & Precision drills, a more complete understanding of the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident, integration of lateral motion in all drills, and several additional concepts.
This course is two full days of intense training, teaching and practice. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- Backup gun (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- Strong side hip or appendix holster w/belt (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open - in waistband is acceptable.)
- 1100-1200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.