But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat.
Church Security and Safety Team Training
While the government and other agencies take care of why those shootings take place, let us help train you on how you can prevent deaths if an event of that nature takes place. We have built our Church Security and Safety Team Training program specifically for that purpose as well as other emergencies including weather or health related incidents. We can help your team with live fire exercises, scenario based active shooter events, team building exercises, church security plans, and standard operating procedures. In the event of an incident, your team won't be WAITING on first responders. Your team will BE first responders. Get them Trained and Ready.
How Our Church Security and Safety Team Program Works
Here are some of the things we can include in our program:
- Helping you get stakeholders and leadership onboard with a program
- Setting up events for active shooter training based on a variety of scenarios
- Help design and articulate a detailed church security plan
- Define routine procedures to secure the church on a daily basis
- Conduct team building exercises for an internal culture that’s free of communication bottlenecks
- Help choose (and simplify) equipment for the task at hand including firearms and related gear, communications equipment, first aid or basic trauma kits and training on how to use them, and other safety interrelated items
- Live fire exercises and defensive shooting out on the range
Why GTBR Church Security and Safety Team Program
Here are just some of the reasons we believe Get Trained Be Ready’s Church Security and Safety Team Program is the best for you.
- We can come to you if you choose to host us, or you can come to us
- We can help facilitate a single training event with more than one church in order to maximize training and minimize costs
- We can work with small churches with no security teams and large churches with existing safety teams
- You can trust our credibility as we are ALICE Certified Instructors, NRA Advanced Pistol Instructors, and Intuitive Defensive Shooting Instructors
- Our complete course is a combination of in-class instruction, on-range training, and on-site scenario training within your house of worship
- We go beyond completing the course and advise you on your existing safety and security concerns as well as help you with standard operating procedures
- We help leadership teams, deacons, elders, pastors, and other stakeholders understand the value of this program and provide guidance on how to support these lifesaving initiatives
- Moreover, we listen to you and can fine-tune our program to meet your specific needs
Saving Lives Is Not Optional
After completing a Church Security and Safety Team Training program with Get Trained Be Ready, you will have the peace of mind that your church is much better prepared to react to unanticipated situations. Active and quick response to shootings or other incidents can help save lives and minimize violence. Should you opt to continue with our ongoing training opportunities, your security team will always be up-to-date with the best techniques and methods to mitigate violent incidents. As a result, you are more likely to be in a position to prevent security issues before they take place and you will be better equipped to deal with them if they do occur.
Take initiative and let us help you with your Church Security and Safety Team Training to make your church a place of worship, not violence.
Concealed Carry Safety & Defensive Mindset
Psychological Reactions to a Threat
Physiological Reactions to a Threat
Aftermath of a Defensive Shooting - Legal, Ethical, Moral, Financial
Preparation vs. Prevention
Threats to Safety & Security
Handgun Concealment Carry Modes
Principles of Concealment & Pistol Selection
Explanation of Cover & Concealment
Church Security Assessment
Church Security Equipment
Church Security Plan
Church Security Team Building
What to Bring:
Note Taking Materials
Worship without Worry.
ALICE is the #1 Active Shooter Civilian Response Training for all Organizations.
ALICE Training Institute has created a House of Worship training program to:
Maximize Survival of congregants, staff, volunteers and leadership
Provide Accountability by documenting completed training and preparation
Reduce Liability by implementing and training in alignment with state and federal standards of care for violent intruder events
ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) provides preparation and a plan for individuals and organizations on how to more proactively handle the threat of an aggressive intruder or active shooter event. ALICE Training option based tactics have become the accepted response, versus the traditional “lockdown only” approach.
A variety of factors may have an impact on your religious institution’s safety. As the leadership, you must ask, “How would our institution react, survive and cope, if we came under attack from a violent intruder?”
For places of worship, safety is assumed upon entering. Worrying about an active shooter is not among most people’s thoughts as they enter their religious community. Because of this, church security and emergency preparedness has to be something that religious leaders take into consideration as the day to day operations of their churches are carried out.
Places of worship are highly visible in their communities, and their leaders can be viewed as the embodiment of inflammatory political issues – placing them at heightened risk. Typically, places of worship are seen as a sanctuary or safe haven, but the reality of today is that places of worship are just as vulnerable to active shooter events as schools and businesses. Generally there are very low measures in place for detecting threats. The ALICE Training Institute can offer on-site assessments and training to help you plan and prepare for a day we pray never comes.
What to Bring:
Note Taking Materials
Intuitive Defensive Shooting
Fundaments of Shooting
Combat Accuracy & Combat Effectiveness
Multiple Shot Strings of Fire
Presentation from Concealment
Use of Cover & Concealment
360 Degree Threat Environment
Engagement from standing, sitting, squatting, kneeling, etc.
What to Bring:
Defensive Carry Handgun
Backup Gun (optional)
400-500 Rounds Ammunition
Strong Side Hip or Appendix Holster (Kydex or other quality material - nylon not allowed. If you have a question about holster selection, please contact us)
3 Double Stack or 5 Single Stack Magazines
SEND AN EMAIL
If you are ready to make the commitment to receive professional instruction, check out our training calendar for upcoming events. If you don't see what you want, contact us. If you would like to host an event, please let us know. You may qualify for some free or discounted training.