The Red Dot Sight Fundamentals courses are designed to educate the student about the use of Red Dot Optics on handguns and how to use them efficiently.
Learn to use your pistol mounted optic and then come to one of our Intuitive Defensive Shooting classes to give it a good skill building workout.
Red Dot Sight Fundamentals
This Course will provide the student with an understanding of how to utilize a handgun mounted Red Dot Optic efficiently. Course topics include:
- Setting up and zeroing your RDS
- How to find and track the dot
- Intuitive Defensive Shooting Basics
- Defensive Accuracy
- Balance of Speed and Precision
- The Body’s Natural Reactions
- Training methodologies to continue developing your skills
- and additional concepts as time allows
What do I need to bring?
What you need to bring specifically depends on the private event or class you are attending, but the basics are:
- Defensive Pistol with a Red Dot Sight mounted on it
- 2-3 magazines
- Ammunition round count dependent on the class length
- Eye and ear protection - Electronic Ear Pro preferred
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Holsters and Magazine Carriers designed for your pistol
This course is based on Sig Sauer's Pistol Mounted Optics Handgun course, the Modern Samurai RDS Pistol course, and the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Program. It is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.