Keep in mind that this defensive shooting class is for all experience levels. If you are comfortable with your firearm and have had training, awesome, we can make you a better defender of yourself and others. If you are brand new to defensive shooting, awesome again, we can get you started down the right road and build your competency.
1/2 Day Fundamentals of Home Defense Handguns
This Course will provide the student with an understanding of true armed home defense training with a defensive firearm. The Fundamentals of Home Defense Handguns course topics include:
- Firearm Recommendations
- Safe Rooms
- Firearm Staging
- Reactions to an Imminent Home Invasion
- Calling 911, what to say and do
- Intuitive Defensive Shooting Basics
- Defensive Accuracy
- Balance of Speed and Precision
- The Body’s Natural Reactions
- Training methodologies to continue developing your skills
- and additional concepts as time allows
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- 2-3 magazines
- 200-250 rounds ammunition
- Eye and ear protection - Electronic Ear Pro preferred
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Holsters and Magazine Carriers optional but very helpful
This course is based on the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Program. It is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.