Get Trained Be Ready
1 Day IDS Fundamentals
7030 E. FM 1431
Marble Falls, Texas 78654
We can provide: Handguns, ammunition, holsters and gear. Let us know when you register if you need us to provide these items.
You will bring: Weather appropriate clothing, sturdy belt, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), cap with brim, good attitude towards safety and learning, and any personal items, snacks, etc.
We will eat lunch at the lodge at the range.
This course is one full day of intense training, teaching and practice. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
If want to bring my own gear, what do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- Backup gun (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- Strong side hip or appendix holster (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open)
- 600 rounds ammunition (or we can provide it through our FFL with some notice at fair market value)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.