Get Trained Be Ready
1 Day Intuitive Defensive Shooting Cost $200
Private Range in Searcy, AR
This 1 Day IDS course begins where the Fundamentals 1 day course ends. This is essentially the 2nd day of the 2 day Intuitive Defensive Shooting course. We will review the Fundamentals briefly and and turn to the additional skills and drills normally associated with the 2nd day of a 2 day event.
If you have been through our Church Safety Team Range Training, or a 1 day Combat Focus Shooting or Intuitive Defensive Shooting course, this is a great next step.
This course is one full day of intense training, teaching and practice. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- Backup gun (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- Strong side hip or appendix holster (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open)
- 500-600 rounds ammunition (or we can provide it through our FFL with some notice at fair market value)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.