Get Trained Be Ready
1 Day Intuitive Defensive Shooting
Advanced Pistol Handling
Led by Senior Instructor Alessandro Padovani
Private Range Searcy, AR
The Advanced Pistol Handling course is designed to expand the circumstances and conditions under which a student can apply the skills developed in the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Course.
Prerequisites are one or more of the following: Combat Focus Shooting 1 or 2 day course, Intuitive Defensive Shooting 1 or 2 day course, or a Get Trained Be Ready Church Safety Team training event.
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Drills
- One handed & Weak Handed Reloads
- One Handed & Weak Handed Malfunction Drills
- Presentation from the holster in 360 degrees
- Unorthodox Shooting Positions (grounded, seated)
- Shooting Around Cover
- Unreasonable Distance Shooting
- Volume of Fire
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
The APH Course is designed as a companion course for students who have completed fundamental defensive shooting training in the IDS Program and want to expand their skill sets and increase competency. At the end of the course, the student will have been exposed to (and practiced) shooting positions from many plausible angles while standing, seated, kneeling, prone or supine as well as properly shooting around cover in order to maximize its protective value. Students will also train one handed firearm handling, reloading and malfunction clearing. Unlike the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Fundamentals Course, in Advanced Pistol Handling students will be forced to deal with a variety of malfunctions in a way that is congruent with the conditions of a dynamic critical incident.
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- Backup gun (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- Strong side hip or appendix holster (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open)
- 500-600 rounds ammunition (or we can provide it through our FFL with some notice at fair market value)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.