IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
1/2 Day Introduction to Intuitive Defensive® Shooting
The Introduction to IDS is a half day course that will expose the student to many of the core principles and Fundamentals of the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Program. This course will cover the basics of intuitive defensive shooting, Combat Accuracy, The Balance of Speed & Precision, an introduction to the understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident, understanding the integration of lateral motion and additional concepts as time allows.
This Course will provide the student with an understanding of true Counter Ambush training with a defensive firearm, base level defensive shooting skills and a training methodology for continuing to develop those skills.
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol
- Backup gun (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines
- Strong side hip or appendix holster (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open)
- 300 rounds ammunition (we can provide it through our FFL with some notice at fair market value)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.