- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Combat Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing
The IDC Program is physically challenging course with a lot of activity and high round count. This program is often offered as a one day add on to a Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Course, but is also available as a two day stand alone course.
What do I need to bring?
- Defensive Pistol and Carbine
- Backup guns (optional)
- 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines for pistol, 3-5 standard capacity magazines for the carbine
- Strong side hip or appendix holster w/belt (quality kydex, or a similar type where the top of the holster remains open - in waistband is acceptable.)
- Sling for the carbine
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Gear that can withstand rigorous use. We will be spending a lot of time coming out of, and going back to, the holster.
- For a 1 day course Students will fire 700 rounds of ammunition - 600 rifle and 100 pistol
- For a 2 day course Students will fire 1200 rounds of ammunition - 1000 rifle and 200 pistol
(We can provide ammunition through our FFL with some notice at fair market value.)