Rule 14.2 Application for approval of registration
(a) The burden shall be on the Firearms Safety Training Instructor applicant for registration to bring himself or herself within the Department requirements as set out below. The applicant for registration is required to:
(1) Continuously meet the qualification requirements set forth in Arkansas law for a person to be licensed to carry a concealed handgun;
(2) Within six (6) months of application, successfully complete the examination administered by the Department. The examination shall consist of the provisions of ACA §§ 5-73-101 et seq., federal firearms laws, enhanced training topics, and these Rules;
(3) Hold a firearms instructor training certificate from a department recognized instruction course;
(4) Offer enhanced training; and (5) Submit:
(A) A properly completed registration application;
(B) The background check fees required for state and national background checks; and
(C) One (1) set of legible, classifiable fingerprints, however the requirement for fingerprints is waived if the applicant holds a
current and valid Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry License.
(b) Department recognized firearms instructor training certificates include:
(1) Firearm instructor's certificate issued by the Arkansas Law Enforcement Standards and Training Commission;
(2) Completion of a Certified Pistol Instructor Course that is recognized by the Department and completion of a Range Officer Safety Course that is recognized by the Department; or
(3) Firearm instructor's certification issued by a federal law enforcement or military agency.
The courses that qualify you are as follows (click the links for more information on each course):
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Instructor Training
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor:
*********Please review the pre-course assessments. Expectations are spelled out for the skill set you need to have.*********
For more specific course information about becoming an Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor click here.